Wow! It's hard to believe that I've now completed all 23 Things! Knowing that the current list of 23 Things was created almost 3 years ago (if not earlier), I wonder whether there are 23 newer things to explore and not what they will be. (They'll certainly arrive if they haven't already.) Over the course of explorations, it was pretty easy to tell which of the original 23 Things are here to stay (in one form or another) and which might have been flash-in-the-pan fads (the concepts with the most broken or outdated links?).
As I noted in an earlier post, podcasts seem to be the most faddish of the bunch since none of the feed directories or search engines had many recently updated podcast listings. The news outlets seem to be the only groups using it this technology regularly. Libraries had started to make use of them and then it looks like they just stopped for one reason or another. Lack of use? More effective use of other technologies?
The Thing that most surprised me was the general exploration of Web 2.0 technologies in libraries. It was interesting to see how even library catalogs have taken on aspects of social networking via reviews, comments, tagging, recommendation lists, etc. (a lot like Amazon.com!). Maybe someday we'll get to that point in my county..... How far we've come from author cards, subject cards, and title cards! (I probably just dated myself a bit too much by admitting that I remember those, haven't I?)
Until the next 23 Things.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment